Disclaimer: We shall not be held not responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Needed files and tools:
- Stock ROM - S5360DXKK4 (extract it after downloading) Password: sampro.pl
- Odin Multi-downloader
- PIT file - Tottoro.pit (Only needed for full flashing)
- Driver - You need to install Kies to get the driver of your phone.
- USB cable - use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Y.
- PC or laptop - running on Windows or later OS.
- Your Phone - Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Preparation before Flashing
- Back-up all of your important data stored in the phone like contacts, messages and etc. Flashing will wipe and delete all of it.
- Ensure that your phone is fully charge or above 50% charge. (If your phone had an auto-shutdown history, and its too old, use a newer or good working battery.
- Remove the SIM card and the external memory card. (not necessarily but recommended to avoid any certain issues)
- Hard Reset - We often do hard reset before flashing to clean the memory cache of the phone. Master reset code *2767*3855# .
1. Run the ODIN Downloader on your PC desktop.
2. Load the firmware in the designated button spaces.
Some files came only in a single packed like with tar.md5 file extension., and sometimes a 'SS_DL.dll' file also included on it. Others are confused where to put this file. Well, the S5360DXKK4_S5360LBKK1_S5360DXKK2_HOME.tar.md5 goes on to the PDA button section while the 'DLL' file in not to be used, it only be used on some other issues.
Again the "Repartition" check-box is not to be tick, only the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked.
Setting up the Samsung Galaxy Y into Download Mode and Connecting to PC.
You need to set the device into download mode in order to let Odin recognize it. To set into download mode
Turn OFF the phone, then hold and press the three buttons Volume Down + Home + Power Key simultaneously, you are then opted into download mode screen use the Volume Up button to proceed. If you'll still not get into download mode, remove the battery a couple of seconds then put it back again and then press the download mode button combination again.
Once the phone displays the Android robot and says "Downloading..." Connect the phone to PC with the supplied USB cable. Odin will automatically recognize it if it's properly connected, the ID:COM mapping will highlight to color yellow and says "added" on the log box.
Hit the "Start" Button when all are set perfectly to begin flashing.
CAUTION: Avoid touching the phone while the flashing already started, any interruption will result into serious issues like soft-brick or hard-brick.
Let the flashing completes, a progress bar displays until the firmware downloading process finishes. It only takes around 3 to 5 minutes, depends of your PC speed.
When a word "PASS" appears, it means that the flashing is successful. The phone will then reboot and after completely rebooted it is now safe to remove it from computer's connection.